Hey guys, I’m new to docker and I need to import a linux image, I have looked around a lot but can’t get around it so I thought about asking here. I have two options: a Windows Server 2016 machine and a Windows 10 Enterprise vmware. From what I have […]
Hey y’all, I’m working on deploying an Angular + Flask webapp with Kubernetes as I have pretty decent experience in it, just not for this particular application. Currently, the entire Angular app is located in one container/pod, and the Flask REST API is separated into three separate containers, each […]
Hello Reddits ! I am IT Engineer with several years of experience on traditional environments (Fibre Channel networks, Storage, Data migration using Copy services and compute virtualization, etc). I am looking to get some knowledge and hands on Docker. What would be a good start ? submitted by /u/BlueAcronis [link] […]
submitted by /u/asadfaizi [link] [comments]
Has any work been done on multi-provider configurations, for users intensely concerned with redundancy in the event of annual outages? For example, how can you deploy a Kubernetes service so that pods rest atop AWS and GCP, or GCP and Azure, or Azure and self-hosted hardware? As a precaution against […]
submitted by /u/Brian2524 [link] [comments]
I am starting with Kubernetes, but the documentation isn’t great. I’ve been reading guides on security, and the biggest concern that I always am seeing is that the API is open for unauthorized requests by default. I’ve tried this on port 10250 and my requests to /pods and /metrics get […]
I’ve got two machines: a docker box and a file server. If the file server goes offline, which does happen for a variety of reasons, a few of my docker containers have a weird time of it. Plex can’t find it’s movie files for example. Anyone know of a docker […]
Running containers in the cloud can be hard and confusing. There are so many options to choose from and then understanding how all the different clouds work from virtual networks to security. Not to mention orchestrators. It’s a learning curve to say the least. At Docker we are making the […]
I’m running a single node cluster using k3s. I realize k3s is not the same as k8s, but I think my question may apply either way. I have a single server with two drives. K3s has a default location to store persistent volumes so they get stored on my primary […]
I am running docker 19.03.3 on ubuntu 2020 I cannot connect to the internet from inside the docker container when my host system is running a full VPN tunnel to the office. With partial tunnel, or VPN off, the docker container can access the internet. But with the full tunnel, […]
How can I grant a ClusterIP service an external IP? I’ve made externally-accessible LoadBalancer and NodePort services but I can’t find a straight answer on how to make a pod associated with a ClusterIP service externally-accessible. I’m using GKE, and the pod serves a webpage but only on the cluster […]
“Rancher has solved a host of issues facing us as a publicly funded organization – driving predictability, easing cluster management and upholding the right security profile. Rancher was the obvious choice to meet these goals.” Chruz Cruz, Senior Infrastructure Architect, MPAC Every day, thousands of property owners in Ontario access […]
Hi, Anyone has Rook running on K3OS? Have 4 Node cluster Rook-ceph get up and running in not time and all looks good till I pull OSD out. After node reboots the OSD is not added back. I is stuck in Init:CrashLoopBackOff and has following events: MountVolume.SetUp failed for volume […]
submitted by /u/humanculture [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/linuxacademycom [link] [comments]
I want to make it easy for myself to launch a single Nginx container without having to rewrite a long command every time I want to start the Nginx container which will have the following configs: 2x host-path:container:path volumes port mapping for 80 and 443 a docker network the container […]
Dell Technologies sponsored this podcast. Kubernetes’ arrangement of container clusters and pods is one of the more amazing computing structures this writer has observed. Its simplicity as a container orchestrator, in many ways, begs the question of why such a straightforward system was so hard to invent in the first […]
Red Hat’s Operator Framework has joined the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) at the incubation level, skipping over the sandbox, just as Contour did earlier last week. The project, originally created by CoreOS before the company was acquired by Red Hat in 2018, is an open source toolkit for managing […]
Hello, so I’ve been working with Kubernetes for a while now, and I decided to now take a look at Istio as well. I did set it up, but noticed that now apparently my previous LoadBalancer “entry” service does not boot up anymore (External IP Status pending). I then read […]
I am using Terraform to provision nginx and PHP containers within a Kubernetes cluster on Azure. However, the nginx container is giving a CrashLoopBackOff error. The DockerFile I used to build the nginx container ends with a command [“nginx”] which I thought would ensure the container always runs. I then […]
So I’m looking for someone to talk to and help me with my raspberry Pi cluster. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get on a discord call or something and help me with this submitted by /u/servernerd [link] [comments]
Niraj Tolia Niraj Tolia is the CEO and co-founder at Kasten and is interested in all things Kubernetes. He has played multiple roles in the past, including the Senior Director of Engineering for Dell EMC’s CloudBoost family of products and the VP of Engineering and Chief Architect at Maginatics (acquired […]
submitted by /u/fairwinds_ops [link] [comments]
submitted by /u/bmaynard-dev [link] [comments]
Hi, I have setup coredns on a k8s cluster and I have added a zone for some external servers (RPIs) and k8s external services. The RPIs use coredns as their dns. It works quite fine, since the nodes/pods can resolve cluster names ( xxx.svc.cluster.local) and internet domains, they can also […]
Futurewei sponsored this post. Anni Lai Anni leads Open Source Operations and Marketing for Futurewei’s Open Source projects — covering Kubernetes, Cloud Native, Cloud-Edge, OpenStack, Open Storage, and AI/Deep Learning. She previously served on the OpenStack Foundation board, and is currently serving on the CNCF and OCI boards. Since the […]
submitted by /u/pj3677 [link] [comments]
In this series we will talk about migration of an existing Symfony project to Kubernetes (K8s). No matter where and how you currently publish your application: bare metal machine, VM, container orchestration platform, by following this guide you will be able to deploy it to a K8s cluster; PART ONE […]
I am using 2 node cluster, it will be running properly but after sometime, memory utilisation will become 100% and my some of the pods will be restarted. I checked logs of that node which experienced 100% memory, at 1st it showed oom will then docker failed with exit code […]
when docker will fail with 124, can anyone please explain. I am getting this because , one of my k8 node will experience 100% memory usage and docker starts failing with 124, so, when docker 124 will occur and and what happens to container when this happens. Thank you […]
Hello, I am still getting started with docker and learning a lot. I would like to take the linuxserver/transmission container and modify it so that it runs a VPN client before starting Transmission. Here is the source container: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-transmission I modified the Dockerfile to download the VPN client, but I […]
This is probably an obvious question but all my searching doesn’t seem to be finding the answer, likely because I just don’t have enough info to ask the question correctly. I have a simple php website. Four files. In my Dockerfile and the docker-compose.yml file, the container is created successfully […]
Hi All, I am studying the rancher crtitification. Here is one of video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJCaCNWlKA&feature=emb_title In this video, they are actually mentioning the helper container creation and mount the volume of main ranncher container (sweet ritchie here) into other helper container to back it up. Here is how the command […]
There are some Dockerfiles that uses nproc command to build this or that, but the result of nproc is the same as for the machine which built the image. For people who don’t really remember: Print the number of processing units available to the current process, which may be less […]
Does anyone know the cheapest way to host docker containers? Or have a cost breakdown of the different options? submitted by /u/nickthemagicman [link] [comments]
Hi, I’m fairly new to docker so hopefully I explain this correctly. What I am trying to do is, on the host server where docker is running, I want to map a folder to a path within my docker file structure. I understand docker volumes can help with this, […]
Cost saving has now become the most important objective for organizations than ever before. Here’s two cents on how you can leverage spot instances of #AWS for cost saving in #KubernetesClusters without compromising on stability. https://devtron.ai/blog/how-to-use-spot-to-achieve-cost-savings-on-kubernetes/ #K8s #Mircoservices #Docker #DockerSwarm submitted by /u/Devina_Shingal [link] [comments]
The short version is this: I have to run MySQL 8.0 and 5.7 on the same server for work, because one of our applications can’t move to 8.0 yet. The best way to do this seems to be with Docker. However, having constant backups of databases from both MySQL versions […]
Application development has changed radically in the cloud native era; and not just with the rise of containers and Kubernetes for large-scale deployments. Web development is also undergoing a sea change, with the emergence of JAMstack as a significant trend. Just as Docker was the original change agent for the […]
Hello, I am looking to pass an environment variable to a secrets.yaml file that will create a secret in a kubernetes namespace. apiVersion: v1 kind: Secret metadata: name: my-db-secret namespace: test data: SecureString: $DB_PASSWORD But when I run a kubectl apply -f I get the error below. Warning: kubectl […]
Hello, not sure if this is exactly the right place for this, but I’d like to hear some opinions and possible advice. I’m new to Kubernetes and to learn it, I decided to use it on a little project. I have some plans automate my VMs provisioning using kubernetes (sorta […]
submitted by /u/mkoerbi [link] [comments]
Thank your for helping out a Kubernetes newbie. So far I have learned that Kubernetes makes utilizing a cluster of machines much easier, and this is also the reason why I am trying to learn Kubernetes in the first place. But then when you search for Kubernetes tutorials and courses, […]
Building images using Podman and cron Image Image by jurapolle from Pixabay How to combine Podman, cron, tea, and a shower to update images Read the full article on redhat.com Linux Containers Posted: July 13, 2020 | by Tom Sweeney (Red Hat) Topics: Containers
Hi, I’m trying to stand-up a Control Plane server as part of a new cluster with kubeadm. I’m doing this on an Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 (OEL7) server, which meets the minimum hardware spec. The issue I’m having is my pods are timing out on create, I believe this is […]
3 best practices for working on a distributed team Image Photo by Lisa Fotios from Pexels You’ve been thrust into remote work but it can be productive as well as pleasant. Read the full article on redhat.com Career Advice Take a sysadmin skills assessment Posted: July 13, 2020 | by Jonathan Roemer Topics: […]
TL;DR: Learn how to recover from cluster failures by breaking them intentionally. During the last months I have been learning K8s. I have baremetall and cloud clusters with K3s, RKE and microk8s. So far, the weakest part of my understanding is disaster recovery. What if I put the company load […]
Help, docker is using up all the space on the disk. docker image prune fails because docker fails to start. what do? submitted by /u/DraconPern [link] [comments]
Is it possible? network-create expects something like eth0.2, but natively created interfaces have vlan0-like names. I think it should be possible to manipulate with bsd-name, but will it work? Don’t want to screw with OS’ guts to discover that it doesn’t really work anyway. submitted by /u/talmuth [link] [comments]
- Checking RTD3 status on Linux OS
- The importance of securing multi-cloud manufacturing systems in a Zero Trust world
- AWS files paperwork to challenge Microsoft JEDI deal – reports
- Looking to the ‘HyPE’ of cloud storage: How HPE is looking to help with hybrid cloud
- Exploring the commercial advantages of blockchain technologies – and what CIOs need to do about it
- Even if your cloud workloads are complex and data is privileged – it’s still on the customer to secure
- Salesforce chooses Microsoft Azure for marketing cloud migration
- Virtual private cloud?
- Cheapest cloud compute resources with GPU
- Tutorial: Terraform with KVM, Docker and Azure
- lakecli: open source cli to manage AWS Glue and Lake Formation permissions
- Should I learn amazon AWS without earning a certificate?
- How to Sustain DNS outages – a blog by Grofers’ Security Team
- Flask Web App, deploy to AWS or GCP?
- New industry-wide research platform to support FinTech investments
- New Smart Meter using Adesto®’s Memory and Communications Technologies Begins Pilot Program in Africa and Middle East
- New Telstra Locator Cat-M1 Tag Lets Australians Track their Valuables Nationwide
- New SUSE Services Offerings Help Move Customers Along IT Transformation Journey
- New Field Trials for Marrone Bio’s Novel Bioherbicide Show Effective Control of Palmer Amaranth Weed
- New Versions of AccessData’s FTK and AD Lab Enable Forensic Investigators to Better Process Data from Apple Devices
- New Report: Men Prefer Medical Cannabis Strains High in THC
- New Analysis Shows Icosapent Ethyl (Vascepa®) Is Cost Effective and Offers Rare Finding of Better Outcomes at Lower Healthcare Costs When Used to Treat High-Risk Patients with Cardiovascular Disease or Diabetes and Other Risk Factors
- New Community Brands Report Reveals What Members Want from Their Professional Associations and What Makes Them Loyal
- New CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ Certification Exam Available Worldwide
- New CBD Review Site Promises to Provide the Most Comprehensive Reviews of Hemp-Based Products in the Online Marketplace
- New 2030 Goals for Societal Change Top Dell Technologies’ Strategic Agenda
- New Innovation from Snyk Puts Container Security in the Hands of Developers
- New ServiceChannel Report Reveals How Online Shopping has Changed Grocery Customer Expectations
- New TNS Research Highlights Global Market Opportunity For Secure Commerce At The Pump
- New LiveSource Analytics Helps Customers Know What’s Coming in Their Supply Chain
- New Results: Brainomix Software Shown to Improve Stroke Treatment Rates at Budapest University Hospital
- New Bytecode Alliance Pledges Security Standards with WebAssembly
- New Water Capital Announces Recapitalization of Two Tier III Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) Providers
- New Weill Neurohub Will Unite UCSF, UC Berkeley, U. of Washington in Race to Find New Treatments for Brain Diseases
- New Investor Group to Acquire Bouclair
- New BIS Innovation Hub Centre in Singapore to develop solutions to benefit the financial system
- New Report Finds Heath And Human Services Workforce Challenges Drive Innovation
- New Research Highlights Recruiting and Profit Margin Erosion Among Top Concerns for the Construction Industry
- New Study Shows Financial Loss from Multi-Party Cyber Incidents Is 13X Larger than Single-Party Incidents
- New Tool from Nexsys Technologies Simplifies Communication Between Mortgage Lenders and Homeowners Insurance Providers
- New Survey Report Reveals Top Pain Points for Healthcare Consumers
- New Cadence UltraLink D2D PHY IP for Die-to-Die Connectivity Enables High-Performance Applications With Cost-Effective Packaging
- New tools from Xero put profitability in the business’ hands
- New Data Reveals That Brand Loyalty Is on the Rise Among Consumers
- New Research Finds Consumers Are 35x More Likely To Open Mobile Messages Than Emails
- New Research Shows Benefits of Exactech Knee and Shoulder Joint Replacement Innovations
- New online resource makes science stories come to life
- New Study by Protiviti and International RegTech Association Sets Out Blueprint for Much Needed Digital Optimization of ‘Know Your Customer’ Processes
- New York’s Nassau County Selected as Latest Location for New T-Mobile Customer Experience Center, Will Create Up to 1,000 Local Jobs
- New Online Estimation Tool Makes Temporary Fencing Rentals Easier for Contractors, Event Managers
- New Report Names Cognizant a Leader in Software Product Engineering
- New Study from Tufts Center for the Study of Drug Development Establishes Benchmarks for Vendor Qualification Process
- New CompTIA Report Tracks Teenager’s Thoughts on Technology Usage and Careers
- New Jersey Sportsbooks Nearly Hit $500 Million As Golden Nugget Makes History, According to PlayNJ.com
- New IT Apprenticeship Announced in Celebration of National Apprenticeship Week
- New England’s First Youth Esports Training Center Opens Dec. 15th
- New Mexico Partners with Cognia to Provide State Assessments in Grades 3-8
- New Ernst & Young Report: Private Equity Plays Critical Role In Kentucky Economy
- New Study: Only 11% of Brands Can Effectively Use Customer Data
- New InfiniteIO Platform Reduces Latency and Accelerates Performance for Machine Learning, AI and Analytics
- New EY Technology Centre opens in Vancouver to bring better business solutions to life
- New England Biolabs® Announces the Donald G. Comb Honorary Lectureship Series in Celebration of Company Founder
- New Wave Esports Invests in Talon Esports
- New Companies Join Growing Ranks of NASA Partners for Artemis Program
- New Nintex Research Shows UK Businesses Need Strong Values and Corporate Cultures to Attract and Retain Gen Z Talent
- New Jersey Urology Partnering with HealthWatch™ for Chronic Care Management Needs
- New technology for mature applications: CoolSiC(TM) MOSFET evaluation board for motor drives up to 7.5 kW
- New Virtual TruScan RM App Enables Method Validation in the Cloud
- New Research Report Substantiates Major Inflection Point Global Procurement Leaders Are Facing with Digital Procurement
- New Data Finds That Having an Entrepreneurial Mindset Plays a Bigger Role in Charitable Giving Than Gender
- New Research From ViSenze Finds Almost 90% of Shoppers Are More Likely to Purchase a Product If It Was Visually Searchable on Smartphones
- New Data Product from Zonda & Metrostudy Pinpoints What is Next in Master Planned Communities
- New Data Shows Patient Acquisition Increasingly Impacted by the Consumer Financial Experience
- New SaltStack SecOps Products Automate Vulnerability Remediation and Continuous Security Compliance
- New Classy Survey Shows Giving Tuesday Awareness on the Rise as Annual Charitable Giving Season Begins
- New European Brand Institute Report Finds US-Tech Brand Corporations Are Most Valuable
- New Generative Design Solution Cuts Additive Manufacturing Design Processes by Up to 80 Percent
- New Research Reveals Most Consumers Unaware of Financial Data Collection Practices
- New Software-Controlled LED Studio Light Kits Now Available From Ortery Technologies
- New Mountain Finance Corporation Announces Appointment of Directors
- Webinar Announced: Impact Sales Metrics and AI with Deltapath’s Noise Cancellation Gateway
- New Clinical Data Demonstrate VIVUS’ Qsymia® is Effective at Reducing Binge Eating in Patients with Binge-Eating Disorder or Bulimia Nervosa
- New Report Reveals Less Than Half of Businesses Are Prepared to Comply with the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
- New Mitek Report Reveals Drivers and Challenges of Consumer Digital Identity Adoption
- New Survey Reveals Toxic Cultures and Negative Behaviors Are Prevalent in the Workplace
- New Toshiba A3 Multifunction Printer Family Ideal for Small-to-Medium Businesses
- New Dentsply Sirona website expands world-class education offerings
- news aktuell Trend Report 2019: Journalists Continue to be the Most Important Influencers for PR Professionals in Germany
- New Executive Leaders Join PriceSpider to Support Rapid Growth and Expansion
- New Study Finds That Information Recall More Than Doubles When Human Voices Are Used Versus Synthetic Ones
- New Carestream Digital Imaging Offerings Receive FDA Clearance
- New Airport Solution From Hitachi Vantara Uses AI To Alleviate Holiday Travel Woes
- New IAPP and TrustArc Report Reveals a Majority of Companies Are Embracing a Single Global Data Protection Strategy
- New Informatica Salesforce Guides Improve Access to Enterprise Data
- Fedora 31 Released
- Open Invention Network Backs Gnome Project Against Patent Troll
- Microsoft Edge Coming to Linux
- The PinePhone Pre-Order has Arrived
- News and views on the GPU revolution in HPC and Big Data:
- NFSv4 with only one open port
- Question about Linux containers on Windows
- Webapp REST API best practices?
- Suggestion on how to get familiar with Docker (preferably hands on).
- Kubernetes 101 Part 3/4: How to create and manage persistent volumes
- Cross-provider clusters?
- Do docker containers get their own IP separate from the host computer?
- Are the API defaults still not secure today?
- Does it exist: Container the shuts other containers down if a ping fails?
- How To Deploy Containers to Azure ACI using Docker CLI and Compose
- Is there a way to specify specific paths on a node to store persistent data?
- Docker over Full tunnel VPN issues
- Making a ClusterIP service externally accessible?
- MPAC Cuts Cloud Costs by 40 Percent with Rancher
- Rook on K3OS does not add back OSD
- Understanding Microservices + Kubernetes + Scaling
- Webinar | Kubernetes Security in the Cloud
- Do I use a Dockerfile or docker-compose: I want to make it easy to launch a Nginx container with a few configurations without writing the full command.
- How to Find the Less Painful Path for Kubernetes Infrastructure
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation Takes Charge of Red Hat’s Operator Framework
- Confused about ways to access cluster with Istio
- Nginx container getting a CrashLoopBackOff error
- Someone to chat with about kubernetes
- Going Native: Specialization Is Kubernetes’ Next Frontier
- 5 Problems with Workload Cost Estimation
- kubevol – Audit your Kubernetes pods attached volumes and report any stale items
- Coredns setup with a zone for external servers – no internet access
- Volcano: A Kubernetes Native Batch System for AI, Big Data and HPC Workloads
- Kubernetes dev environment with Skaffold
- Let’s Migrate Symfony Project to Kubernetes! [SERIES]
- Container restart inside kubernetes
- Docker failed with code 124
- Help modifying existing container (transmission) to run vpn first
- [Help] Saving a website
- –volumes from
- The $(nproc) and image building machine
- What is The cheapest way to host a docker container for a hobbiest?
- Help with Docker Volumes
- How to use Spot to achieve Cost Savings with Stability on Kubernetes
- questions about using Docker for production MySQL databases on Linux
- Why Netlify Is Tech Agnostic and Its Role in JAMstack Development
- Pass environment variable to Yaml
- About kubernetes automations with vsphere
- KubeCon/CloudNativeCon goes virtual, SUSE acquires Rancher Labs, Operator Framework & Contour joining the CNCF Incubating Project
- What is the point of Minikube?
- Building images using Podman and cron
- OEL7 Kubeadm Cluster Init Issue
- 3 best practices for working on a distributed team
- In which ways can we break a K8s cluster?
- docker using up all space on disk.
- macvlan on macos-x
- Amazon Devops Telephonic Interview 4 #telephonicinterview #devopsinterview
- Docker with OpenCV
- Run OpenVPN client (or server) on AWS Fargate pods?
- Accessing docker container from lan
- Understanding the big picture of kubernetes
- what happen when you have random generated id in a database and you use replicas in a docker swarm ?
- executing host command from inside of a container
- EKS now supports 1.17
- How is this traffic routed?
- Proxy WebSocket through Kubernetes API server
- Use services that use different Compose schemas together?
- Hi one of my container was giving problem so I checked my sys logs.
- The Long-Lost Computation Dissertation of Unix Pioneer Dennis Ritchie
- Microservices On Kubernetes – Part 3: Skaffold and Jib
- Cloud database security
- How do you load balance the traffic into Swarm?
- A free 3-10 nodes Kubernetes Cluster
- [HELP!] Docker not pulling an image.
- First Ruby on Rails app in Docker Image
- If I connect to EFnet irc with a VPN it works, if I connect via SOCKS to a docker in which is running the same VPN, it fails (the configuration works in other irc servers, EFnet is the only one where it doesn’t work). WHY? What could it be?
- Starting a service during Docker build
- Connection refused in trying to attach Websocket to Docker container
- Docker seemed to revert a change i made on a file. Please help.
- An overview of network integration models for kubernetes
- Cloud database security project
- A challenge magically appears.
- Is it naive to think a heroku like experience will be created on top of kubernetes?
- Does anybody have Traefik 2 working with the IngressRoute CRD?
- Doubts while doing K8s practice
- Question about docker setup on bare metal
- What is the best method of exposing a deployment over HTTPS?
- Looking for uptime monitoring tool
- when i run ‘k3s server ‘, it says ‘address already in use’
- Mail Server For Sending And Maybe Receiving Mails?
- This Week in Programming: Is R Gaining Popularity Because of COVID-19?
- Container Networking From Scratch – Kristen Jacobs, Oracle
- Periodic batch processing
- Macvlan working with k8s?
- Envoy Proxy Container Installation Ansible Playbook
- Hashicorp Consul Agent Container Installation Ansible Playbook
- Preparing Kubernetes for Monolith Migration
- Docker service error during installation
- Getting started with Docker. What should i run?
- How to run a shell command before the entrypoint, every time a container starts?
- What are the step to do in proper from localsystem development to deployment on docker for php sql website
- Deploying custom auto scaling algorithms on kuberenetes
- Specify settings per node on swarm
- Copying items out of a container
- The New Stack Context: Google Launches a Trademark Office for Open Source
- Remapping user seems to prevent me from copying files?